Scotsman Comes in Peace!

• First off I am sorry for my total lack of ability to converse in German, I apologise to anyone who cannot read what I am saying!

I am from Glasgow in Scotland and myself and a group of friends will be travelling to Munich and the surrounding areas in March 7th-12th. We are all avid football fans and love going to watch games wherever we travel. We have also developed a big fondness for the underdogs in our football following, in Scotland we all support a team called Partick Thistle who are Glasgow's third side behind Celtic and Rangers!

The period we are in Germany we noticed that Augsburg are at home to Dortmund and we would all love to come to this game as it seems easy to get to from Munich and the town looks an interesting place to spend a day getting to know. The same weekend Bayern are playing but none of us have any desire to go and watch them however! We would love to come and see a good game in Augsburg and enjoy a good atmosphere, decent match and hopefully be able to make Augsburg our adopted German side!

I was wondering if any of you would be able to provide any help in how we would go about buying tickets for this match. I am able to get onto te online shop and find the tickets but I was more looking for any info on good locations to sit and/stand and the practicalities of getting tickets delivered to Scotland or if we could collect from the stadium.

If anyone has any advice on things to see and do in Augsburg, particularly good, friendly pubs to be in before a match that would be wonderful also.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me and sorry again for the English speaking
    Ross

PS: I have put the above into google translate and copied this below...I'm not sure what will be worse!

Zunächst einmal tut mir leid für meine völlige Fehlen der Fähigkeit, auf Deutsch unterhalten, ich für jeden, der nicht lesen kann, was ich sage zu entschuldigen!

Ich komme aus Glasgow in Schottland und mich selbst und eine Gruppe von Freunden nach München und die umliegenden Gebiete zu reisen 07-12 März.Wir sind alle begeisterte Fußball-Fans und liebe es, Spiele zu sehen, wohin wir reisen. Wir haben auch eine große Vorliebe für die Außenseiter in unsererFußball folgenden entwickelt, in Schottland wir alle unterstützen ein Team namens Partick Thistle Glasgow, die dritte Seite hinter Celtic und Rangers sind!

Die Periode, die wir in Deutschland haben wir gemerkt, dass Augsburg zu Hause in Dortmund sind, und wir würden alle gerne um dieses Spiel zukommen, da es einfach scheint, aus München kommen und die Stadt suchteinen interessanten Ort für einen Tag kennen zu lernen. Am selben Wochenende Bayern spielen, aber keiner von uns haben keine Lust zu gehenund beobachten sie aber! Wir würden uns freuen, kommen Sie und sehen ein gutes Spiel in Augsburg und genießen Sie eine gute Atmosphäre, gutes Spielund hoffentlich in der Lage sein, unsere Augsburg angenommen deutsche Seite!

Ich frage mich, ob jemand von euch der Lage wäre, jede Hilfe, wie würden wir uns über Kauf von Tickets für dieses Spiel gehen können. Ich bin in der Lage,auf te Online-Shop zu bekommen und finden Sie die Tickets aber ich war mehrauf der Suche nach einer Info auf guten Standorten zu sitzen und / stand und den praktischen bekommen Tickets zugestellt nach Schottland oder wenn wiraus dem Stadion sammeln konnte.

Wenn jemand irgendwelche Ratschläge Dinge zu sehen und in Augsburg zu tun, besonders gut, um gemütliche Pubs in vor einem Spiel, das nicht wunderbar wäre auch.

Vielen Dank im Voraus, wenn jemand mir helfen kann und sorry nochmals für die englischsprachige
    Ross

• First of all I have bad news for you: i think the game is already completly sold out. If you are lucky, you could get some tickets on ebay or here on the board. I can guarantee, that the demand for this game's tickets is extremly high so you should be fast. A short look on the schedule tells me, that the chances on the game against Mainz (16.-18.03.2012) should be higher.

• Hi Ross,

please contact my via message or email, I think I can help you with most of your questions.
    Just a short tip beforehand
    If you can order tickets online, then do it immediately!!! It doesn´t matter where you go as long as its not in the Dortmund area (which is W - X - Y ) - and the high society is placed around H - D, expect them to be not so impulsiv, but there you can meet our players if you´re lucky. Let the tickets be delivered to the stadium and get ahold of them right before the game, there´s an extra cashier´s office for that.

Standing is better than sitting, but all these ranks are sold out I guess...

Greetz

• Just a short tip beforehand

Du willst erstmal ein kleines Trinkgeld? :denk:

I'd rather send an e-mail to Augsburg's ticket manager, to get some special international tickets... ;)

• Thanks for all the help guys.

I've been very busy the last week so not been able to follow this up but will now be sending PM's to all you guys who were kind enough to send one to me or gave advice in this forum.

Its good to have Bundesliga back after your break, was sad to see you guys lose yesterday however. Still a long way to go though and enough teams near you to get out of relegation places