The English thread - all posts in English please

• @Mods&Admins:
    Ich halte es sinnvoll, für alle ausländischen Fans einen eigenen Englisch-Bereich zu eröffnen... ;)
    Gibt es schließlich in vielen "offiziellen" Fan-Foren. Vielleicht kommt mit dem Hosogai auch einige
    Japanischen Fans hierher.

@Chaos:
    In the movie Christine is in red. The model from our logo is exactly with Christine but in another color. :winken:

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher. - Albert Einstein

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Happosai ()

• Why did I watch that match? It isn't often a 2. Bundesliga team is on US media, so even if it was only available online, I had to find a way to watch. Plus I was on vacation.

Also, I don't like Schalke - although I have met Ebbe Sand, I just assume he played for the wrong team.

Christine - a very long time ago, my friends and I went to Houston on a road trip. Some woman interviewed my friend about a movie that was coming out "Christine". She asked "Do you think you would recommend this movie to your friends?" while we were basically standing there and could hear everything. He says "Sure, I'd recommend it", my other friend says "Not to these friends!" even the woman laughed.

Later we were playing basketball and the guy was trying to defend his comments about the movie "What would you do if a car without a driver was coming after you?"

The response "I'd just jump up and fly away"

The game ended out of laughter.

--
    Klappstuhl - nice video. Lothar's English is pretty good. Way better than my German that is certain.

==
    Quick question - where did the money come from to buy Paul Verhaegh?

• The U15, U17 and U19 teams play in the highest league, they all get up after last season, but actually they are all in the relegation zone :( . The U23 team, this is the 2nd team, is not so succesfull (6th league - most other clubs have their second team higher). If you don't like to say us your specific age, it's OK for us ;)

• The U15, U17 and U19 teams play in the highest league, they all get up after last season, but actually they are all in the relegation zone :( . The U23 team, this is the 2nd team, is not so succesfull (6th league - most other clubs have their second team higher). If you don't like to say us your specific age, it's OK for us ;)

So it appears the youth program is doing a pretty good job, three promotions in one year is pretty impressive. The U19's will have the toughest road as the game gets more physical as they get older. Hopefully at least one of the teams can stay up, that will be a huge boost to the program.

U23's -6th league - OUCH! That's going to take some work to move up the ladder into the 3rd Bundesliga. :flag:

48, birthday in February. Usually around Mardi Gras - Carnival in New Orleans.

• Also, I don't like Schalke - although I have met Ebbe Sand, I just assume he played for the wrong team.

I think i Love You :love::D

Platz 27: Nur noch 39 Punkte (bis KFC Uerdingen)/Enrico Maaẞen: 41 Spiele, 10-9-22 50:78 Tore (-28), 39 Punkte (0,9Ø)/Jess Thorup: 25 Spiele, 9-7-9 39:40 Tore (-1) 34 Punkte (1,6Ø)/Aktuelles Buch: James Redfield - Die Prophezeiungen von Celestine

• U23's -6th league - OUCH! That's going to take some work to move up the ladder into the 3rd Bundesliga. :flag:

it´s nearly impossible to get there because they only allow 4 junior teams of professional clubs in the 3rd divison, if I remember that correctly...

the nationality of the players mostly do not matter as long as they play successful. I am not saying good on purpose because there´s a difference between a real football fan and a person just watching a game. JL´s "hunches" and the managers negotiation skills did form a very good team here in augsburg...I hope that his work will be honored for a long time.

Who likes Schalke anyway? :mrgreen:

I am still curious about your TV schedule, which football games could you normally see over there? Are they on national channels, pay-channels, digital or what? Just asking, cause the bunch of my friends being to the US certainly would not watch football... they more likely tend to watch EXPN :]