The English thread - all posts in English please

• Food: You guys eat this? http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presskopf

We do, even women :zwinkern:

I think it was Rösti that I had in Zurich.

That's of swiss origin, really delicious. Other stuff they invented are Raclette (melted spicy cheese) and Ricola (natural herb cough drops).

Ticketverkäufe via unautorisierter Plattformen sind > atgb@fcaugsburg.de < mit Link, Screenshot o.ä. zu melden!
    "Wenn man keine Ahnung hat: Einfach mal die Fresse halten!" - Dieter Nuhr :flag_de: Meinung ≠ Ahnung | Wetter ≠ Klima | Gefühl ≠ Fakten

• The Rosenau Stadium is more in the middle of the city at the Kongresshalle.

You just need to look at google maps and type Rosenaustadion, Augsburg. After the 2nd world war, it was the biggest stadium in Germany and had a capacity up to over 60thousand spectators (at that time, no seats). This stadium has a lot of tradition but at wintertime, it always was challenging to watch a game. I watched my first match when I was 8 years old in 1973.

The new Impuls arena was opened on 26 July 2009. It was planned for 45 million Euros and at the end, the costs stayed at the same level so it was perfect management.

• Where is the Rosenau Stadium? on the same side of town as the HQ?

To make it clear - click me: "A" is the HQ, "B" is the Rosenau Stadium, "C" is the Impuls Arena (current stadium).

Ticketverkäufe via unautorisierter Plattformen sind > atgb@fcaugsburg.de < mit Link, Screenshot o.ä. zu melden!
    "Wenn man keine Ahnung hat: Einfach mal die Fresse halten!" - Dieter Nuhr :flag_de: Meinung ≠ Ahnung | Wetter ≠ Klima | Gefühl ≠ Fakten

• Thanks for the map RR. Very cool. Going to check it out a bit more when I get home.

==
    Ronnie -WOW! That is very impressive management all around to stay on budget for such a huge project. The Arena looks very nice too.

• To make it clear - click me: "A" is the HQ, "B" is the Rosenau Stadium, "C" is the Impuls Arena (current stadium).

had a chance to check out the maps.

The fields at the offices look nice, but I can understand with the lack of undersoil heating. Has to be pretty expensive to get that installed there.

From Offices to Impuls Arena - about 30 minutes? I didn't think the town was that big :grinsen:

That Göttingen area looks like the place to be in town.

• That's pretty cool. I have never lived that close to a stadium, were night games a problem in the old stadium for the neighborhood?

It wasn´t about the light but the many people, the noise and the cars parking in the surrounding streets did bug some residents - not me ´cause it is just awesome to have a 2 minute walk to the stadium...

• It wasn´t about the light but the many people, the noise and the cars parking in the surrounding streets did bug some residents - not me ´cause it is just awesome to have a 2 minute walk to the stadium...

Oh man!! That does sound pretty awesome.

I've seen about 20 games in Europe and trying to think of stadiums and locations in the city.

France:
    St Etienne - that was pretty much in town.
    Parc Des Princes - seem to remember that being right in town.
    Stade de France - Remember a metro ride to outskirts, then a nice walk.

Denmark:
    Nordjeslland (or something like that). That was in a nice part of town, short walk.
    Viborg FF - more industrial area
    Aarhus - in town, but was set back pretty far off the street.
    Horsens - in town, tiny little place. Right on the field.
    Plus a couple of really small stadiums in Odense and Hobring

England:
    Old Dell in Southampton - in town, ancient place, felt like the second deck was going to collapse after West Ham scored the winning goal. :grinsen:

Germany:
    Osnabrück; in town, great fans
    Gladbach - in town, nice stadium. One of my favorites
    Frieburg- in town, nice area. Fun place to watch a game.
    FSV Frankfurt - in town, seemed to be a bad neighborhood. They were still in the Oberliga, and won promotion with the win.

Switzerland:
    Zurich - in town, but a dump
    St Jakob FC Basel - that was downtown. Traffic jams all over the place.

Italy:
    Perugia - in town, flares, police everywhere.

Netherlands:
    De Kuip - great atmosphere, in town, nice walk. Crazy people
    Eindhoven - my only Champions league game. Don't remember much about it, but it was a great stadium

• Well, that's Göppingen :zwinkern:

actually that´s geislingen an der steige!!! or better to say bad überkingen, he played for geislingen only and still has his sports shop there.
    well funny germantown names ..göppingen, göggingen, göttingen...

and living next to the old stadium was never a big problem because we hadn´t had many games in the evening... the parking was an issue, but who drove to the stadium with a car must have been nuts. it was a 15 minute walk from the train station and 5 minutes from the tram ... and for me: 4 minutes :) and a game every fortnight, what´s the issue here compared to the complaints of the humble people living in the city near the party mile ...

• Honey, check out Klinsmanns entry a Wikipedia. :zwinkern:

sweetie ... I lived for 5 years next to his "hometown" :Zunge:
    He first played in Gingen, than with the SC Geislingen (74-80). He came back as I was living there for two matches to raise money.

as he was born, göppingen had the better clinic than geislingen, that´s the reason why ;) also botnang nowadays is just a part of göppingen kind of.

well panic fc, here are the next funny german town names:

Gingen - Süßen - Kuchen (which means gone - sweet - pie) ...we always made jokes about that whne we drove through. only the essen alias eat was missing...