The English thread - all posts in English please

• Hello and Welcome to the FCA-BB

I think its hard to see 2nd Bundesliga in US. Only in Germany forbidden Streams are mostly aviable. Did you use Sat or Cabel? I often look NHL and NFL - on ESPN (here in Germany over Sky-Network). And Mardi Grass is an special Event in New Orleans. The local kitchen is very good - i often tried it at friends from Louisiana - they cooked cajun or kreolic meal - they where fablulous!

The Managment of FCA is very good, they look vor good priece for good players ;)

Wenn ihr tatsächlich noch Japaner hier haben möchtet, sollte man beim Board die Decodierung auf UTF-8 umstellen, dann dürfte neben latainischen auch japanische, russischen auch alle anderen Schriften dargestellt werden ;)

2011/12 Nicht absteigen - Mission accomplished
    2012/13 Nicht absteigen - Mission accomplished
    2013/14 Nicht absteigen - Mission accomplished
    2014/15 Nicht absteigen - Mission accomplished
    2015/16 Nicht absteigen Europa erobern - Mission accomplished
    2016/17 Nicht absteigen - Mission accomplished
    2017/18 Nicht absteigen - Mission accomplished
    2018/19 Nicht absteigen - Mission begins August

• Of course there are people who prefer young german players. Actually in our latest starting-squad there were 8 germans and three dutch player.

One thing I have learned from working in football over here, if the team wins, you could play with Martians and the fans are happy. If they lose with Martians, then "You must have home grown players from this region" - doesn't matter what region.

• Regionalliga - Gotcha. Well then they have to shoot for promotion to the Oberliga. 6th is Landesliga right? But the key is winning those promotion playoffs and knock some of the other clubs down.

Schalke - There was a picture of a Dortmund fan planting a Bvb flag in the roof of their stadium. Made me laugh.

Tv: Only rare games are on free tv. World Cup finals, or maybe USA world cup games.
    These are our pay tv options
    ESPN - They have one or two EPL games on each weekend. Usually with the top 3 teams on ESPN2.
    Fox Soccer Channel: More EPL, MLS, Serie A, College soccer, WPS (Womens league),Australian league
    Fox Soccer Plus: Even more expensive, they have Ligue 1 (France) maybe some others, but its $15 just for this channel so I don't have it.

Goltv - Bundesliga on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Sometimes they don't give us live games if ESPN3 (Online) buys the rights from them. La Liga, Serie A, and Brazil.

We usually get games from Argentina, but its switched a few times between Fox and Goltv.

Spanish channels: I don't even bother as its just the Mexican league. I know we get the games, have no idea what channels.

Online:

Espn3 - Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Bundesliga, EPL - great streams, English commentators, but they also offer some games with Spanish commentators too. I love this service.

For Fan Des FCA: I like your avatar if that's something :grinsen: index.php?page=User&userID=7515

• Two new recruits:

FC Augsburg is just before the turn of the year again become active in the transfer market. Defender Jan-Ingwer Callsen-Bracker and midfielder Moritz Leitner strengthen the second division champion-winter. This was announced by the Augsburg on Friday. The two new additions to the training start after the winter break on Sunday encounter with the team.
    Link: http://www.kicker.de/news/fuss…-Bracker-und-Leitner.html

• 2nd - online. I find streams when I can. Tricky part is the games are so early in the morning, I'm might miss the first half.

Oh, I use Satellite, Directv.

Mardi Gras - exactly, its a crazy time. Not sure anywhere else rivals it for the party atmosphere. When the Saints won the Superbowl last year, they had over 750,000 at the parade to celebrate the team. I wanted to go, but I live 7 hours away now.

Food: Cajun or Creole- its all good. I have a friend from Lake Charles, Louisiana who lives in my town now, he made Gumbo and Shrimp Rice - it was just awesome. If he says he's cooking something, I'm at his house before the plate hits the table. That guy can cook.

FCA management - looking at the latest two deals, I'm impressed.

Does the club need to add another forward at the break?

• Good morning and a good new year from another "old man". Good times together!

MrACE :flag:

Er hatte nur Fußball im Kopf, eine Augschburger Zunge und brasilianische Füße! Hemad, machs guat. :hutab:

Ich bin ein FC Augsburger!

Fußball ohne Gegner nennt man Training, darum achte ich jeden Gegner, denn mit ihnen macht es erst richtig Spaß!

• I don´t think so, cause we have 4 good forwards (Thurk, Rafael, Hain and Oehrl).
    Certainly we need a second "right side Defender" (very bad english?!) , cause if Verhaegh is injured, we don´t have anybody who can replace him effective.

well the new one (callsen bracker) has also played right defender under jos luhukay years ago if I remember that correctly. neither defence nor offence is one of our worries, it´s midfiled creativity :) I am really curious about hosogai...

HAPPY NEW YEAR

• well the new one (callsen bracker) has also played right defender under jos luhukay years ago if I remember that correctly. neither defence nor offence is one of our worries, it´s midfiled creativity :) I am really curious about hosogai...

HAPPY NEW YEAR

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

While watching the Schalke game it appeared the team lacked a bit of punch till Thurk entered the match. Oerhl played more like a midfielder, probably because of the opponent. Hain - I thought he was a right midfielder.

I was wondering about Verhaegh's back up, so the new signing makes good sense, and good business.

Hosogai - well Bayer 04 has a great scouting system, so I think he'll do well.

• [
    While watching the Schalke game it appeared the team lacked a bit of punch till Thurk entered the match. Oerhl played more like a midfielder, probably because of the opponent. Hain - I thought he was a right midfielder.

Hain is a forward. our coach surprised me and many others with the game line-up as he presented oehrl, rafael and hain as offense and played some kind of 4 -2 -2-2-1 or something like that. i was expecting only two forwards to be honest. thurk has a great standing here within the fans and the team. he´s a leader type and you can feel his presence immediately. also the coach gave a signal with bringing him in: get forward and do what you can to score, only 20 minutes left. as a result our defense opened also up a bit and schalke came to some goal scenes... it was a close and even match with more luck on their side. but i still can´t forget the whining of their coach and our national a-team goalkeeper afterwards...

and yes - somebody promised the guy who planted the flag of their biggest rival BVB on the roof of their arena one year of free beer and a front row seat... and football germany smiles - except for schalke fans. i was laughing my ass off too.. that´s just too good!

• Magath always whines. I bet they serve a lot of cheese at his press conferences.

Neuer - if he didn't play for Schalke 04 I would probably like him. Probably.

i have to say, Luhukay did impress me. Hain is rather young isn't he? The 4-2-2-2-1, that's tricky formation to work with, but he kept it close.

It was tough for Bello having to deal with FarFan, but he tried. Too much pace for him.

For the BvB fan - a year of beer and a season ticket, that's even better. What a great story!!!

===
    New Question: Who are the club's biggest rivals on the Youth side? Would it be in order:

1) FC Bayern
    2) 1 FC Nürmberg
    3) TSV 1860 Münich

I mean in terms of developing, getting the top prospects, not so much winning.

Happy New Year!

Watched a bit of EPL action, then American college football and closing out the night with hockey - Washington Capitals @ Pittsburgh.

• You have to add VFB Stuttgart there.

Does the club need to add another forward at the break?

I don't think so. At the moment we have four forwards, three of them were skilled enough for the starting-squad and Oehrl is a very valueable substitutional

• You have to add VFB Stuttgart there.

I don't think so. At the moment we have four forwards, three of them were skilled enough for the starting-squad and Oehrl is a very valueable substitutional

Stuttgart - I thought that might be too far away. What about Fürth?

As for the forwards - seems the depth is fine, and the team does score a lot of goals.